Overview Ascent Credit Union is looking for a full-time Indirect Loan Originator to assist the credit union to live out our Service Mission, “Working together as a team to be the most trusted resource for our members and communities to build a brighter financial future.” This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both members and team members.
The Indirect Loan Originator is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with dealership partners. The majority of their time is spent evaluating and approving or declining credit decisions according to policy. This includes accepting dealer loan applications and making sound lending decisions based upon underwriting and documentation requirements. This individual will ensure that each approved application meets the credit union’s lending standards prior to funding.
In addition, the Indirect Loan Originator also develops new and expand existing relationships with dealer finance managers and staff by serving as the main liaison with dealerships. When appropriate and necessary, this person will contact the finance manager (or the appropriate contact at a particular dealer) and communicates the credit decision.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Build trust with our members by delivering service in alignment with our Service Promises
- Receives inquiries from auto dealerships regarding loans, provides requested information regarding the organization’s lending policies and procedures
- Conducts the loan interview and secures the member information necessary to initiate a loan transaction
- Ensure that each approved application meets the credit union’s lending standards
- Communicate loan updates to the dealership
What You’ll Bring:
- Enthusiasm for helping members’ financial futures
- Sharp communication skills including tact, persuasion, and advising to work with dealership staff
- Strong teamwork abilities such as involving supervisors in your work, sharing what you are working on, what progress has been made, and what hurdles you are facing
- Effective effort and resource management
- Ability to make appropriate decisions on your own while bring recommendations for difficult or complex issues
- Demonstrated competency in desktop and mobile devices for communication and work duties
- Willingness to work from 9.00am to 6.00pm, from Monday through Friday.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years of banking experience
The following greatly increase your potential for hire:
- 2+ years of consumer loan experience
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary reviewed annually
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dollar for dollar match up to 5% annual salary for 401(k) retirement plan
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve