Ascent Credit Union is looking for a Mortgage Loan Originator to assist Ascent Credit Union to live out our Service Mission, “Working together as a team to be the most trusted resource for our members and communities to build a brighter financial future.” This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both members and team members that is in alignment with Ascent Credit Union’s Service Promises and Service Standards. A key element of this service is to identify member needs and recommend credit union product and service solutions that will improve our members’ financial well-being.
In addition, the Mortgage Loan Originator will originate first and second mortgages, loan modifications, solicit new mortgage business, maintain good outside working relationships, and promote the organization’s products and services.
There is one full time position open at our Roy branch. The expected schedule is 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Answer incoming calls as well as meet with members to identify products/services that might be beneficial to members and provide information about their value and benefit.
- Receive inquiries from prospective members regarding all types of mortgage loans, providing requested information regarding the credit union’s lending policies and procedures.
- Receives and screens loan applications. Pulls, review and analyzes credit. Gathers financial data. Notifies member to resolve discrepancies such as late payment history, judgments, etc. Collects supporting loan documentation. Requests a personal employment and credit check of the applicant, requests an appraisal on the property and/or construction plans under consideration. Discusses options. Informs member of closing costs such as appraisals, and attorney fees.
- Maintain constant communication with members via email, phone, and in-person from application to closing and post-closing.
- Maintains contacts and good working relationships with real estate brokers, attorneys, and builders to assure a favorable image of the organization and to provide information regarding current loan policies and procedures.
- Maintains contact and good working relationships with consumer lending staff and credit union staff to provide mortgage knowledge and a favorable image.
- Recommend approval or denial to underwriting.
- Coach branch employees for maximum mortgage referrals.
- Work with in-house processing staff to uphold credit union tradition of clean files with quick closings.
What You’ll Bring:
- Enthusiasm, willingness, and energy for helping members’ financial futures
- Passion for helping members with loans that benefit their lives.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy in communicating with members, coworkers, and people outside the credit union.
- High proficiency in computer skills.
- Initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction, but refer deviations, problems, and unfamiliar situations not covered by instructions to the supervisor for a decision or help.
- Recommendations and input when bringing issues to the supervisor.
- Willingness to work 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday and travel to other local branches or locations to meet with members when needed.
- Willingness to learn, offer, and promote in-house mortgage products along with secondary products.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent
- A minimum of three years of real estate lending experience with knowledge of mortgage products and services including Conventional, VA, and FHA.
The following will increase the applicant’s potential for hire:
- Credit union experience
- Associates degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and mortgage related experience.
- Experience with exceeding loan production goals, generating your own business, and building new relationships.
- Experience with handling higher volumes of loans.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary reviewed annually
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dollar for dollar match up to 5% annual salary for 401(k) retirement plan
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve