In accordance with Weber State Federal Credit Union’s Bylaws, elections for its Board of Directors will be held at the annual meeting scheduled for April 23, 2020. Three positions will be open for elections, each carrying a three-year term.
If you are interested in serving on this important governing body, please submit a letter of application (limited to 150 words) and a resumé to the Nominations Committee at 4140 Harrison Blvd. Ogden, UT 84403. Applications must be received by the close of business on January 24, 2020.
The Nominations Committee will consider candidates eligible to be placed on the ballot if they:
- Are over the age of 18 and under the age of 75 on the day of election.
- Are a member for at least six (6) months.
- Are a member in good standing (defined as having a minimum of $25 in savings, current on all loans, within pre-determined line of credit, and never having caused a loss to the credit union in past business dealings.)
- Are bondable.
- Attest to being free from any conflict of interest.
- Are able to attend at least 75% of all Board meetings and be willing to attend training and planning sessions.
- Actively use electronic communications.
- Have no immediate family members who are current employees or volunteers at the credit union.
Current employees are ineligible for election. Board members must also comply with NCUA requirements.
Nominations for candidacy may also be made by petition. Members applying via petition must submit a statement of qualification and the petition for candidacy, signed by at least 1% of credit union members. Such applications must be accompanied by a certificate signed by the nominee stating they are agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected. The petition must be received by close of business on March 2, 2020.
Nominations will not be accepted from the floor during the election. Board members cannot be monetarily compensated, and are collectively liable for the actions of the Board.