Ascent Credit Union is looking for a Systems Administrator to assist primarily with enterprise-wide IT solutions yet, as needed, assist with end-user needs. Foremost, this person will maintain, troubleshoot, and resolve system concerns as well as assist with project and vendor management duties. In addition, this person may assist with end-user concerns alongside the IT Specialist or as a backup.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Provide oversight, maintenance, and resolution to assigned network operations. Such duties include performing routine system maintenance; monitoring system operations to minimize downtime; ensuring working conditions of workstations including software license management; perform network troubleshooting; and work with third-party service providers to resolve problems.
- Adhere to IT policy standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data including coordination of network schedule, backups, and downtime with users.
- Under the supervision of the Director of IT, develop, recommend, and implement new system features, enhancements and updates for various internal systems and services.
- Work with tech support vendors and field engineers. Diagnose hardware, software, and operator problems, take remedial actions, and recommend changes.
- Install and modify PC, network, and server hardware and software. Install peripheral equipment, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives, as needed. Assist with the support and maintenance of VOIP phone system including phone system administration and phone configuration.
- Work on projects with internal business units and third-party vendors to deploy new systems, features, or products, update existing systems or products, and replace or decommission existing systems as business needs require.
- Assist the credit union and staff personnel with software and hardware related to email, core processing systems, LAN/WAN, FedLine, imaging and other automated systems. As part of end-user escalation process, respond to staff requests for technical assistance by phone and in person resulting in quality service. Train staff according to program requirements and hardware capabilities providing detailed instructions to support internal processes.
What You'll Bring:
- Enthusiasm for helping coworkers
- Sharp communication skills in listening, courtesy, tact, discretion, and diplomacy
- Strong teamwork abilities such as involving supervisors in your work, sharing what you are working on, what progress has been made, and what hurdles you are facing
- Effective effort and resource management
- 2 years of systems administration
- 2 years of end-user support
- Experience working with internal departments and vendors in project management or new system deployment
- Willingness to work an average of 40 hours a week, 9am to 6pm Monday through Friday and occasional non-business hours, including weekend or nights, for updates or other maintenance tasks.
What We Offer:
- One-on-one coaching and regular performance check-ins
- Competitive base salary reviewed annually
- Dollar for dollar match up to 5% annual salary for 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program providing personal and professional support to employees to help them manage issues and problems related to work or home
- 12 paid holidays per year plus
- Paid Vacation
- Sick leave
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
At Ascent Credit Union, making a difference matters. That’s why everything we do ties back to our mission—To inspire upward financial success. We’re committed to helping our members and growing the credit union and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team.
Keywords: systems admin, systems analyst, network administrator, vendor management, credit union