In a time of mortgage industry contraction Ascent Credit Union is growing. The credit union is looking for a full-time Senior Real Estate Loan Specialist for Conventional, FHA, VA, Home Equity Lines of Credit, second mortgages, investment property loans, and portfolio first mortgages.
Schedule: 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday at our Main Branch located at 4140 Harrison Blvd, Ogden, UT 84403. This is an on-site position with some opportunity for a flexible schedule.
How You'll Contribute
- Gather, analyze, and process necessary documentation from applicant(s), credit bureaus, employers, and various creditors to very financial information and credit standings.
- Review, organize and collate application and loan information to ensure timeliness and accuracy in providing a useable credit file to be submitted to underwriting for approval
- Maintain contacts and good working relationships with real estate agents, attorneys, and other professionals to assure a favorable image of the organization.
- Maintain contact and good working relationships with consumer lending staff and credit union staff to provide mortgage knowledge and follow up on referrals.
- Evaluate loans to ensure they meet lending and compliance guidelines.
What You'll Bring:
- Enthusiasm, willingness, and energy for helping members and mortgage team.
- Ability to maintain timelines through efficient organization and time management skills.
- Passion for helping members with loans that benefit their lives.
- Strong understanding of lending guidelines from FNMA, Freddie Mac, VA, and FHA.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy in communicating with members, coworkers, and people outside the credit union.
- High proficiency in computer skills.
- Initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction, but refer deviations, problems, and unfamiliar situations not covered by instructions to the supervisor for a decision or help.
- Sharp communication skills in listening for, recognizing, and acting on opportunities to assist members in their financial well-being.
- High school degree or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of real estate lending experience as mortgage processor with knowledge of mortgage products and services including Conforming, Jumbo, VA, FHA, and home equity loans.
The following will increase your potential for hire:
- Associates degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and mortgage related experience.
- Experience with exceeding goals and contributing to a team.
- Experience with handling higher volumes of loans.
- Experience with 1-4 unit investment property loans & tax return analysis.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish speaking).
- Previous experience in a bank or credit union environment.
- Previous loan origination experience.
What We Offer:
Ascent Credit Union provides competitive compensation, benefits, and a relaxed, team-oriented work environment, including:
- Competitive base salary reviewed annually
- Competitive incentives
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dollar for dollar match up to 5% annual salary for 401(k) retirement plan
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program providing personal and professional support to employees to help them manage issues and problems related to work or home
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve