In a time of mortgage industry contraction Ascent Credit Union is growing. The credit union is looking for a full-time mortgage loan originator to originate Conventional, FHA, VA, Home Equity Lines of Credit, second mortgages, investment property loans, and portfolio first mortgages. The originator will also solicit new mortgage business, maintain good outside working relationships, and promote the organization's products and services such that it will improve our members’ financial well-being.
Schedule: 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday at our Main Branch located at 4140 Harrison Blvd, Ogden, UT 84403. This is an on-site position.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Consult with members to identify products/services that are likely to be beneficial to members and provide information about their value and benefit.
- Gather financial data from the member. Pull, review, and analyze credit. Communicate with members who apply online (including video conferencing), via the phone, in-person, and referrals. Maintain constant communication with members via email, phone, text, and in-person during the application process from application to closing and post-closing.
- Prepare and issue initial (and subsequent) disclosures to borrowers and assist in the review of the closing documents.
- Maintain contacts and good working relationships with real estate agents, attorneys, and other professionals to assure a favorable image of the organization and to provide information regarding current loan products.
- Maintains contact and good working relationships with consumer lending staff and credit union staff to provide mortgage knowledge and follow up on referrals.
- Evaluate loans to ensure they meet guidelines.
What You'll Bring:
- Enthusiasm, willingness, and energy for helping members' financial futures
- Passion for helping members with loans that benefit their lives.
- Strong understanding of lending guidelines from FNMA, Freddie Mac, VA, and FHA.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy in communicating with members, coworkers, and people outside the credit union.
- High proficiency in computer skills.
- Initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction, but refer deviations, problems, and unfamiliar situations not covered by instructions to the supervisor for a decision or help.
- Sharp communication skills in listening for, recognizing, and acting on opportunities to Assist members in their financial well-being.
- Willingness to work 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday and travel to other local branches or locations to meet with members when needed.
- High school degree or equivalent
- A minimum of two years of real estate lending experience as an originator or loan officer assistant with knowledge of mortgage products and services including Conventional, VA, and FHA.
The following will increase your potential for hire:
- Associates degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and mortgage related experience.
- Experience with exceeding loan production goals, generating leads, and building new relationships.
- Experience with handling higher volumes of loans.
- Experience with 1-4 unit investment property loans & tax return analysis.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish speaking).
- Previous lending experience in a bank or credit union environment.
- Previous origination experience with Home Equity Lines of Credit and 2nd Mortgages.
- Previous processing experience with conventional, FHA, Home Equity, and VA loans.
What We Offer:
Ascent Credit Union provides competitive compensation, benefits, and a relaxed, team-oriented work environment, including:
- Competitive base salary reviewed annually
- Salary + commission
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dollar for dollar match up to 5% annual salary for 401(k) retirement plan
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program providing personal and professional support to employees to help them manage issues and problems related to work or home
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve