Ascent Credit Union is looking for a full-time consumer loan originator to accept applications from members and screen consumer application packages to determine acceptability of the credit request using lending guidelines.
How You'll Contribute
- Consult with members to identify products/services that are likely to be beneficial to members and provide information about their value and benefit.
- Gather financial data from the member. Pull, review, and analyze credit. Communicate with members who apply online, via the phone, in-person, and referrals. Maintain constant communication with members via email, phone, text, and in-person during the application process from application to closing.
- Maintains contact and good working relationships with credit union staff to provide lending knowledge and follow up on referrals.
- Evaluate loans to ensure they meet guidelines.
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries.
What You'll Bring:
- Enthusiasm for helping members’ financial futures
- Sharp communication skills in listening for, recognizing, and acting on opportunities to assist members in their financial well-being
- Strong teamwork abilities such as involving supervisors in your work, sharing what you are working on, what progress has been made, and what hurdles you are facing
- Effective effort and resource management
- Demonstrated competency in desktop and mobile devices for communication and work duties
- At least 2 years of banking experience
The following greatly increase your potential for hire:
- 2+ years of lending experience (auto, RV, personal, & credit card)
- Experience referring GAP, credit life, & credit disability products
- Home equity loan experience
What We Offer:
Ascent Credit Union provides competitive compensation, benefits, and a relaxed, team-oriented work environment, including:
- Competitive base salary reviewed annually
- Competitive incentives
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dollar for dollar match up to 5% annual salary for 401(k) retirement plan
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program providing personal and professional support to employees to help them manage issues and problems related to work or home
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
5997 S 3500 W, Roy, UT, 84067
9:00am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday
March 1, 2023