Ascent Credit Union is looking for a full-time consumer loan originator to accept car loan, RV loan, credit card, and personal applications from members and screen consumer application packages to determine acceptability of the credit request using lending guidelines.
How You'll Contribute
- Consult with members to identify products/services that are likely to be beneficial to members and provide information about their value and benefit.
- Gather financial data from the member. Pull, review, and analyze credit. Communicate with members who apply online, via the phone, in-person, and referrals. Maintain constant communication with members via email, phone, text, and in-person during the application process from application to closing.
- Maintains contact and good working relationships with credit union staff to provide lending knowledge and follow up on referrals.
- Evaluate loans to ensure they meet guidelines.
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries.
What You'll Bring:
- Enthusiasm for helping members’ financial futures
- Sharp communication skills in listening for, recognizing, and acting on opportunities to assist members in their financial well-being
- Strong teamwork abilities such as involving supervisors in your work, sharing what you are working on, what progress has been made, and what hurdles you are facing
- Effective effort and resource management
- Demonstrated competency in desktop and mobile devices for communication and work duties
- At least 2 years of banking experience
The following greatly increase your potential for hire:
- 2+ years of lending experience (auto, RV, personal, & credit card)
- Experience referring GAP, credit life, & credit disability products
- Home equity loan experience
What We Offer:
Ascent Credit Union provides competitive compensation, benefits, and a relaxed, team-oriented work environment, including:
- Competitive base salary reviewed annually
- Competitive incentives
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Dollar for dollar match up to 5% annual salary for 401(k) retirement plan
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program providing personal and professional support to employees to help them manage issues and problems related to work or home
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave